Management, Succession, Governance
& Conflict Resolution
Creating harmonious loving families that are unified around profitable, growing, and stable businesses.℠
Family business is different from other business as it is immensely more complicated. Relationships between family members whether as owners, board members, or employees can make business together beautiful and rewarding. But, when expectations are not understood or not managed effectively or ideas, emotions, needs and desires are not expressed freely and heard generously, relationships and the business suffer.
You need Finesse, Empathy and Business Acumen.
Succeeding in, and for us, consulting to, a family business requires an extra level of finesse and understanding of strategic, organizational and family system dynamics that are rarely understood by families or their other advisors. Lawyers, accountants, wealth advisors and even trust advisors are imperative, but they don’t neither the patience or preparation to dive into complicated family dynamics or facilitate effective decision making nor the business savvy to ensure effective implementation of the decisions. Psychologists are too much about the individual psyche vs. the collective, don’t understand business, and take too long to get results.
We help family business owners, board members, executives/employees understand and manage the complicated dynamics and interplay between their roles as owner, employee/executive and family member and to let go of deeply ingrained, but unproductive familial habits and learn new behaviors and attitudes that foster harmony and effectiveness. This way families can resolve conflict harmoniously and creatively and become unified in support of stable and growing businesses and better manage both day-to-day activities and the long game for future generations.
Aspects of Successful Family Business Governance and Management can include the following.
What are your primary challenges?
- Developing and implementing Growth and Stabilization Strategies
- Harmonious and Effective Management Succession Planning and Execution
- Creating Family Business Constitutions and Protocols
- Improving Familial Relations
- Resolving Conflict
- Establishing Trust, Harmony, & Unity
- Transforming Decision Making Practices
- Aligning on Family and Business Vision and Values
- Setting/aligning on strategy
- Aligning organizations with strategy
- Setting expectations about individual desires and passions
- Planning for and executing an ownership or management succession
- Establishing/developing Governance, Executive Teams, and Board of Directors/Advisors
- Creating that Conflict Resolution is an opportunity for improving relations, strengthening the family and the company
- Identifying and developing family and non-family leaders
- Incorporating non-family executives
- Establishing and clarifying roles
- Learning to communicate effectively and give/receive feedback
- Shifting Corporate and Family Culture
- Preparing for Sale
- And much more…